Doctors Should Be Responsible For Educating Their Patients About Health | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Doctors should be responsible for educating their patients about improving their health. Do you agree with this?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
The past few decades have seen a substantial decline in the living standards of individuals. More and more people are paying little / hardly any attention to health care and well-being. It is believed by a few people that the doctors should the ones responsible for spreading health awareness among their patients. I partially agree with this. I believe the combined efforts of doctors, schools and media will play a crucial role in helping people to improve their health.
First and foremost, there is no denying the fact that the doctors are highly educated professionals and possess a wide range of knowledge related to physical and mental health. This is because the doctors must go through rigorous education and training for a period of six to eight years and this makes them the most qualified people to dispense health advice. The deep knowledge and high qualifications that these medical practitioners possess makes them the most trust worthy people to deliver health care advice to their patients. Furthermore, working in hospitals and clinics daily makes it easier for them to instil the imperativeness of health in their patients.
However, it is also crucial for the schools along with the media to fulfill their responsibility by helping people with advice and motivation with the objective of increasing their life expectancy. Firstly, the education system should provide students with lessons which give them information about detrimental and contagious illness and how to avoid them. Thus, students are more likely to be aware of the dangers these major diseases pose to their health from an early age. Secondly the media should broadcast more mental health programs and health podcasts on national media to spread more awareness on major health problems and infectious diseases.
To conclude, the doctors should play a key role in educating the patients. This, however, does not mean that the media and schools have no responsibility to build a healthy society. They should contribute their bit by telecasting / airing programs about health issues.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 6.5 Essay Sample About Public Health And Increase In Sporting Facilities
- Some People Say Schools Should Be Responsible To Teach Young Adults To Look After Their Health | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Doctors Are Concerned About The Use Of Computer Games By Children And Young | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Doctors Recommend That Older People Should Get Regular Exercise | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Schools don’t give enough importance to health education
- Band 7 essay sample | Government should take measures to improve people’s health
- Schools Should Take Health Education More Seriously | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Educating People About The Harmful Effects Of Junk Food Will Reduce Its Consumption | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- When Doctors And Nurses Migrate What Problems Do They Cause | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Average Standard Of People’s Health Is Likely To Be Lower In The Future Than It Is Now | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample