Do You Think Wealth Is The Best Measure Of Success | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Success is often measured by wealth and material belongings. Do you think wealth is the best measure of success? What makes a successful person?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some people think that money and materialistic possessions are the best measures of success. In this essay, I will discuss the role of wealth in measuring the success of a person.
A large number of people consider the financial status of a person to determine whether he is successful. I do not agree with this approach. In my opinion, wealth could be an indicator of a person’s success but it is not the only factor to consider. For example, we can look at the success stories of people like Mahatma Gandhi who didn’t possess any wealth or assets and yet was very successful as a leader and led a very meaningful life. On the other hand, we have people like Warren Buffett who donated all his wealth to charity; he is very successful in motivating a large section of people with his philanthropic ways.
A person’s success or failure in not measured by his earnings or his materialistic possessions. There is something else beyond all the money that he possesses. For example, some of the most influential people in the world were not rich; yet they changed the course of history with their life. They are the perfect epitome of success without wealth and materialistic possessions. So, in my opinion, a successful person is one who is capable of motivating others and making a difference to their lives.
Finally to conclude, we have legends like Gandhi and Warren Buffett to prove that wealth is not the only measure of success. In my opinion, the biggest measure of a person’s success is his ability to make a positive difference to the lives of others.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | A Person’s Upbringing Determines Their Chances Of Success In Adult Life
- IELTS essay sample | Economic growth is the measure of a nation’s development
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Nowadays celebrities are more known for their glamour and wealth than for their achievement, and this sets a bad example to young people
- Nowadays celebrities are mainly famous for their glamour and wealth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Success Is a Matter of Luck
- Celebrities Are Known For Their Glamour And Wealth | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- People say that a child’s success is dependent on the way parents bring them up | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people fail in school, but end up being successful in life | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 6.5 essay sample | A person’s worth and material possessions
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | To What Extent Do Work-Life Balance Matter?