Do You Think Being A Celebrity Has More Advantages Than Disadvantages | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Everyone wants to be a famous actor or cricketer. The life a celebrity lives / has is filled with so much grandeur and class that everyone aspires to be famous. Some of the key advantages of being a celebrity is that you earn a lot of money and people admire you. However, there are some disadvantages too. For example, famous people do not have enough privacy and they are more likely to get into scandals.
In my opinion, while everyone aspires to be a celebrity not everyone can become a celebrity so the advantages far supersede the disadvantages. Celebrities earn millions of dollars by endorsing brands or working in movies. For instance, A-list actors such as Jennifer Lopez, Tom Cruise and Amitabh Bachchan earn around $10-50 million in a year. Amtitabh Bachchan charges INR 20 million for one brand endorsement; despite working 8-9 hours a day round the year ordinary people will not be able to earn that much in a lifetime. Another benefit is the constant admiration and fan-following of millions of people across the globe. Fans celebrate celebrity birthdays, shower them with presents and appreciation letters. Some even get tattoos of their favorite celebrity thus, making celebrities feel loved and supported.
However, being famous is like a double-edged sword. Celebrities are in constant limelight with the paparazzi following them round the clock and this leaves no room for private life. Fans keep a constant watch on celebrities and their family members and due to this they have to be conscious of their behaviour all the time.
For instance, a celebrity cannot use abusive or harsh language since he will be looked down upon whereas an ordinary person can demonstrate such behaviour and it is considered acceptable. Another drawback is that people are constantly writing about celebrities without checking the facts. News which is scandalous and negative in nature often gets more coverage in magazines and newspapers because it helps to sell more copies.
In conclusion, being a celebrity and maintaining a sophisticated lifestyle is not everyone’s cup of tea and hence, only a few make the cut and truly shine out. Just as a coin has two sides, being a celebrity too has its shortcomings; however, it is a small price to pay for living an extravagant life and being admired by people.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 IELTS essay: Advantages and disadvantages of being a celebrity
- Do You Think Being A Celebrity Brings More Benefits Or More Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Being a celebrity such as a famous film star or sports personality brings problems as well as benefits.
- Being A Celebrity Such As A Famous Film Star Or Sports Personality Brings Problems As Well As Benefits | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Do celebrities experience more problems than the benefits they enjoy?
- Does Tourism Bring More Advantages Or Disadvantages? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Claim That There Are More Disadvantages To The Car Than Advantages | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Do The Disadvantages Of International Traveling Outweigh The Advantages | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people