Discipline is an ever increasing problem in modern schools. Some people think that discipline should be the responsibility of teachers, while others think that this is the role of parents.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Discipline makes children always punctual, obedient and also well mannered. Because of these reasons discipline is an integral part of our lives. Some people think teachers are responsible for disciplining children while others think it is the duty of parents. In my opinion, both parents and teachers are responsible for teaching discipline to students.
To begin with, it is said that home is the first school of children and family members are the first mentors, because children spend the first four or five years of their life at home with family especially their parents. At this stage of life, it is the responsibility of parents to make them understand the importance of discipline in life and also create a routine for them. For example, parents should set a time for them to wake up and play and when they join school they should make a time table for their studies. To illustrate, a survey conducted among the teachers of various schools concluded that children who are already trained by parents to be disciplined are easy to handle and also it is very easy to make them understand about school’s rules and regulations. I believe the involvement of parents in making the child disciplined is crucial and after the child starts school teachers have an equally important role to play.
Teachers take care of the children at school and as such their duty is not limited to teaching science and maths. They monitor the kids at school and have a responsibility to discipline them whenever they cross the limits. They have the authority to punish kids when they misbehave or indulge in activities that are harmful to themselves or others. If teachers ignore this responsibility and focus only on giving academic lessons, they are doing a serious disservice to their students and the nation.
In conclusion, parents and teachers have equal contributions in making children well disciplined and also ensuring their success in life.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate. Want to improve your grammar? Buy my book with proven tips and tricks to improve your grammar and writing.
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Discipline is an ever increasing problem in modern schools
- Discipline Is An Ever Increasing Problem In Modern Schools | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Parents Are Responsible For Teaching Children Discipline
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- IELTS essay about lack of discipline among youngsters
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Smacking Children Is The Best Form Of Discipline | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Argue That It Is The Responsibility Of The Parents To Teach Children About Healthy Eating Habits | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Is Smacking Children The Best Form Of Discipline?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Smacking Children Is The Best Form Of Discipline