Differences between countries become less evident each year. Nowadays, all over the world people share the same fashions, advertising, brands, eating habits and TV channels. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of this?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is undeniable that the world is now turned into a “Global Village”. One of its impacts is that people around the globe are exposed to the same products and services, and share similar habits. In my opinion, the advantages of this phenomenon outweigh the disadvantages.
Globalization certainly has had some impact on indigenous cultures of many countries. However, I believe that this impact is largely harmless and at the same time, it has exposed these cultures to other cultures around the world. This is a great opportunity to learn and evolve. Also an understanding of foreign cultures benefits one when one has to travel abroad for work leisure. In other words, people exposed to other cultures can interact confidently with the locals whenever they travel abroad. They are also less likely to get culture shocks. Secondly when everyone tends to have the same tastes in fashion or food, trade and tourism flourish. It creates more job opportunities. Also, when everyone looks and thinks alike, there are fewer chances for conflict. Wearing the same kind of clothes or eating the same kind of foods also protects people from many kinds of discrimination.
In addition to this, similarity in tastes helps both the consumers and the producers in the market. This is because manufacturers can sell their goods and services with ease in any part of the world. This could encourage healthy competition and avoid any kind of monopoly in the market. As a result, consumers have access to plenty of choices and at the same time, manufacturers are forced to improve the quality of their products.
In conclusion, although globalization has a small impact on customs and traditions, I firmly believe that it has improved the lifestyle of people all over the world by making quality products and services available everywhere. It also fosters understanding among people of different nations and ethnicities.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | People Who Have Traveled Abroad Are More Tolerant
- IELTS essay sample | Differences between nations are becoming negligible
- It is sometimes thought that people who travel outside of their own country are more tolerant and understanding of others | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- More And More People In Developing Countries Are Purchasing Cars For The First Time | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Rich Countries Should Not Give Jobs To Skilled Workers From Poor Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | To Learn About Other Countries It Is Important To Travel To Them
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important | IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Rich Countries Are Getting Richer And Poor Countries Are Getting Poorer
- It Is A Common Practice For Some Students To Take A Gap Year Between High School And University In Order To Do Charitable Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Air And Water Pollution Has Become A Major Problem In Many Developing Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample