Developed countries should take more refugees from poorer countries | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Developed countries should take more refugees from poorer countries. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Send me your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Each year millions of people get displaced due to wars, epidemics and natural calamities. They cannot continue to live in their country; therefore some people argue that developed countries where conditions are stable must accept more refugees. I totally agree with this view.
Developed countries have stable economies and infrastructure that can accommodate many more people. To start with, many of these countries have a low population. They can comfortably accommodate any number of poor refugees. What’s more, refugees are not known to create any problems in their adoptive country.
Secondly, oftentimes developed countries are responsible for many of the problems affecting developing countries. For example, America has been at war with many countries in Asia. These wars destroyed the homes and livelihood of millions of people. A good example of this is Vietnam. More than 40 years ago, it was the battlefield of the US, China and Russia. Today Vietnam is one of the poorest countries in the world. Countries like Iraq and Syria have also borne the brunt of wars. Since developing countries are responsible for initiating many of these wars and conflicts they have a moral obligation to take care of the displaced people.
There is yet another reason for developed countries to accept more refugees. Contrary to what many people believe, the problem of refugees is not confined to any particular region. Every human being needs food and shelter. If the basic needs of people are not satisfied they may get into crime. In other words, if refugees remain refugees for life, they are more likely to create problems in other parts of the world. Thus it is evident that by accepting more refugees developed nations can make the world a more peaceful place to live in.
To conclude, the entire world has the responsibility to rehabilitate refugees. Since developed countries have the means to support them, in my opinion, they should accept more refugees.
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Wealthy Nations Should Accept Refugees
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Developed Nations Have a Greater Responsibility to Tackle Climate Change
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Rich Countries Are Getting Richer And Poor Countries Are Getting Poorer
- Band 8 essay | Should wealthy nations help poor nations?
- Band 7.5 essay sample: Developed nations should give financial aid to undeveloped nations
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | When Professionals Migrate To Foreign Countries What Problems They Create In Their Own Country?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More developing countries are being given aid by international organizations to help them in their development plans
- Accommodate | IELTS vocabulary
- IELTS Model Essay
- IELTS Essay: Are multinational companies good for the economies of developing countries?