Details Of Politicians’ Private Lives Should Not Be Published In Newspapers | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Details of politicians’ private lives should not be published in newspapers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
It is often argued that there is no requirement of publicizing news related to personal lives of politicians. In discordance with the statement, I assert that media should cover every aspect of a politician’s conduct so as to show their true picture to the general public.
Remarkably, private lives of politicians, like those of sports, film and television stars have become an integral / essential part of the regular news consumption of the public. It might be said that people are more interested in invading the privacy of a politician rather than knowing their policy stance or voting records. Hence, like celebrities of other fields, they have to surrender their personal information which seems like being stalked all the time. Nevertheless, politicians are basically public figures who are supposed to represent the society. Therefore, it becomes crucial to know their behaviour in their family life as it depicts their personality traits.
Across democracies, elected members, ministers and even the contestants always try to impress the voters by highlighting their charitable work and representing themselves as the most conscientious people. However, in case they are not following the same morals in their own life, then they have no moral right to become the leaders of a nation. For example, if a personified politician has an election agenda of women empowerment and he himself commits domestic violence at home, then there is no point in expecting him to work for the benefit of other women. Likewise, nepotism and bribe are some of the most prevalent crimes among officials which can be curbed only by the fear of getting it covered through media.
To conclude, undeniably, it is hard for any individual whether celebrity or not to live comfortably when he is under surveillance all the time. Notwithstanding, a politician who claims to be the representative of the masses needs to be transparent in every aspect of his life.
- Should media write about the private lives of celebrities | IELTS essay
- IELTS essay sample | Environment protection is the responsibility of politicians
- IELTS essay about celebrities and their personal lives
- The Mass Media Including Televisions, Radio And Newspapers Have Great Influence In Shaping People’s Ideas | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Are Politicians More Influential Than Scientists
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people
- IELTS essay writing task: Are politicians more influential than scientists?
- News Plays An Important Part In Most People’s lives | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Editors Decide What To Broadcast On Television And What To Print In Newspapers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientists Are More Influential Than Politicians