Describe an older person you enjoy spending time with | IELTS speaking practice
Describe a person older than you whom you like to spend time with. Please say:
– Who this person is?
– When and where do you both meet?
– Why do you like to spend time with him/her?
I enjoy spending time with my maternal grandmother. She is eighty and has an opinion on anything and everything. My grandma is an energetic person. She has some age-related problems but she gets about more than my mother or me. Actually, there are hardly any temples in South India that she hasn’t been to. She is fluent in most South Indian languages and also possesses a working knowledge of Sanskrit. I visit my grandmother at least once a month. When we were kids, we used to spend the weekends at her place and then she would tell us numerous stories from Hindu mythology and keep in entertained for hours on end. Actually, if I am deeply religious today, that is because of her. She also visits us very often, and whenever she does she makes it a point to bring us lots of gifts and other goodies. She is a generous woman who enjoys giving food and money to the needy. The reason that I enjoy spending time with her is that she has a positive attitude towards anything. Actually I have never seen her looking depressed or hopeless. She is great fun to be with.
- IELTS speaking practice | Describe a person you would like to meet
- Topic card: Talk about an elderly person you know
- IELTS speaking practice | Describe an occasion when you had to get up early
- IELTS speaking practice | Describe a family you like
- IELTS Speaking practice | Describe a skill you learned in childhood
- IELTS essay sample | Spending money on preventing illnesses is better than spending it on treating them
- Speaking test practice questions
- IELTS Speaking practice test
- IELTS speaking: practice questions with answers
- Speaking practice questions and answers