In many developing countries, there is a problem with declining quality of air and water from both industry and construction. What measures could be taken to prevent this?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Air and water pollution caused by industrial and construction activities have become a major concern in many countries around the world. Although this is a serious issue, several measures can be taken to mitigate it.
Firstly, governments can bring in regulations to curb industrial and construction activity near water bodies. Industries working near water bodies emit toxic solid and liquid by-products to nearby water bodies and thus pollute them. For example, there has been improvement in the water quality of an Indian state after the state government imposed a rule that restricted / banned industries within 5km radius of rivers. Similarly, construction near water bodies also pollutes water. Therefore, the government’s resolve to impose such regulations certainly helps to mitigate the issue.
Several measures can be taken to improve the air quality as well. Decrease in air quality caused by the construction sites can be improved to a great extent by building different modules at the factories themselves. Therefore, only assembling of different such modules is required at the construction site which will surely reduce air pollution. Finding innovative methods of production that do not emit a lot of poisonous gases is another way to enhance air quality. Thus with the help of these above mentioned measures, we can reduce the air pollution issue to a great extent.
In conclusion, there is no denying the fact that construction and industrial activities cause air and water pollution. However, by enforcing stringent laws that ban industries near water bodies and urban areas and by adopting eco-friendly construction methods, this problem can be solved to a great extent.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Air And Water Pollution Has Become A Major Problem In Many Developing Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Quality Of Air And Water Is Declining Due To Industries And Construction
- IELTS essay about increasing air and water pollution in developing nations
- Band 8 essay about the growing demand for fresh water resources
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Quality Of Life In Cities Is Declining
- More And More People In Developing Countries Are Purchasing Cars For The First Time | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: The quality of life in cities in worsening
- Some People Think That Higher Taxes Should Be Collected From Industries Causing Higher Industrial Pollution | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Industries Should Be Moved to Rural Areas | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people argue higher taxes should be collected from industries causing higher industrial pollution | Band 9 IELTS essay sample