Culture Is Similar Around The World | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Culture is similar around the world. What is the reason? Is it a positive trend or a negative trend?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Culture is the same throughout the world. This essay will discuss the reasons for it and shed some light on whether it is a positive or a negative trend.
There are many reasons why culture is becoming the same. Firstly, globalisation has taken over the world. This means that international markets have made their presence in every nook and corner of the planet. As a result, the same things are available to people. Traveling is another reason for this. When someone travels they adopt the culture of that place and bring it back to their home country. Take pottery as an example. This art form has travelled all the way through India to Sri Lanka. Now pottery is a part of Sri Lankan culture.
Online shopping is another factor contributing to this. Due to the internet, buying items online has become easy. Global products are available from the comfort of one’s home. For instance, Amazon.com has a specified category for international products. This enables the customer to buy products related to other cultures when needed.
In my opinion, this is a negative trend. One of the main reasons is the loss of traditional art and culture. Younger generation, for example, is more attracted towards the glitz and glam of international world. To show off in front of their peers, they value and adopt the culture of other countries. Due to this they do not intend to learn about their own country’s heritage or culture. Furthermore, loss of traditional culture, art and heritage leads to loss of cultural identity.
In conclusion, considering the aforementioned view, in my opinion, cultures becoming the same is a negative trend as it leads to loss of cultural identity that makes each nation unique.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Countries Are Becoming More And More Similar | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Lifestyle And Culture Of Different Countries Are Becoming Similar | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Culture Is Much The Same All Around The World | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages Of Globalization
- Modern Cultures Around The World Have Become Similar | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Now people wear similar clothes all around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Tourism Should Be Banned In Some Areas To Protect Culture
- IELTS essay sample | Languages are dying around the world. Is this a positive development?
- Band 8 Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of English As A Global Language
- IELTS essay sample: Children now know less about their culture