Describe your last journey. Say:
- Where did you go?
- What did you do there?
- Will you recommend this trip to others?
Last month I visited my native place in Kerala. It was the longest journey I undertook in over 18 months. I live in Mumbai with my husband and kids. However, my parents and other relatives are in Kerala. Since I hadn’t seen them in a long time, I was really looking forward to this visit.
Kerala is about 1,500 kilometers away from Mumbai. The journey takes about 24 hours by train. Our train was a bit a late, but aside from that the journey was a pleasant experience. I absolutely love to travel by the Konkan railway. The scenery on either side of the track is awesome.
We spent about 20 days in Kerala and during that period we were busy visiting friends and family. We also visited several temples.
I didn’t visit Kerala as a tourist. It was basically a family affair. But Kerala is one place that every tourist should visit. The state is known for its beautiful landscape and backwaters. The local cuisine is healthy and delicious. In addition, the climate is quite pleasant. I will definitely recommend this trip to my friends.
- IELTS SpeakingTask card: Describe a recent journey
- Topic card: Describe a city or town you enjoyed visiting
- IELTS topic card: Describe a country that you would like to visit
- Topic card: Describe a library that you visit
- IELTS model letter
- IELTS writing test in India – letter
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping
- IELTS Sample Letter
- IELTS writing and speaking test in Australia – General training
- IELTS speaking test in India (September 2011)