Countries Are Becoming More And More Similar | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Countries are becoming more and more similar because people are able to buy the same products anywhere in the world. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, due to the availability of similar goods all over the world, most nations are looking alike. In my opinion, it is an adverse development as it leads to a rise in carbon emission and the destruction of various cultures.
The most important reason why I believe the availability of the same products everywhere is a negative development is the increase in export. Countries all over the world are selling surplus goods to other countries these days. As a result of this, there is a tremendous increase in the carbon footprint. For example, flights are the most appropriate and fastest mode for transporting a product to a foreign country. Therefore, there is no doubt that an exotic Kiwi fruit exported from Australia to India leaves a huge amount of harmful gases in the environment.
Another reason to disapprove of this trend is the loss of cultural diversity. In recent times, it is quite possible to transport clothes from one country to another country at a nominal cost. Due to this trend, the popularity of traditional clothes is decreasing. Traditional clothes are linked to the culture of a country. With easy access to exported clothes, people are avoiding conventional clothing of their home countries. Consequently, such development influences our cultural aspects negatively. There is no denying the fact that this trend may even force a culture to disappear permanently.
In conclusion, since the easy accessibility of the same goods all over the world has crippling impacts on the atmosphere and the local culture, it is certainly an adverse development. Therefore, it is highly recommended to use locally produced goods and food items as much as possible.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Now people wear similar clothes all around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Everyone now wears the same kinds of clothes and eats the same food. Is this a positive trend?
- Band 7 essay sample | Travelers should follow local customs
- IELTS essay sample | Popularity of western outfits
- Today many countries import food from different parts of the world | IELTS essay sample
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Leave Their Poorer Countries To Work In Developed Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That International Tourism Is A Bad Thing For Their Own Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Families Move To Different Countries For Work. Some People Think It Has Negative Effects On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of English As A Global Language
- IELTS essay about people wearing clothes of the same kind