The charts below show the consumption of various food groups by people in Germany from 1945 to 2010. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a model answer for this topic. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample
The given line graphs show the quantity of various foods consumed by German people during the period between 1945 and 2010. Overall, it can be seen that the consumption of total milk and cream and liquid whole milk decreased over the given period but the consumption of skimmed milk increased. In 1945 about 2.3 litres of total milk and cream were consumed per person per week. This quantity fluctuated over the years and decreased to about 2 litres /person/week in 2010. The consumption of liquid whole milk generally increased over the period between 1945 and 1980. Afterwards, it decreased dramatically from 2.7 litres /person/ week in 1980 to 0.5 litres /person/week in 2010. Germans started consuming skimmed milk from the year 1980. Over the next 30 years its consumption increased to about 1.4 litres /person/week.
As for the consumption of fruits and vegetables, total fresh vegetables excluding potatoes were the most consumed items during the whole period. Their consumption per week per person was about 900 grams in 1945. It fluctuated over the years and was approximately 800 grams /person/week in 2010. The consumption of total fresh fruit excluding fruit juice recorded the highest increase from 200 grams in 1945 to about 800 grams in 2010. The practice of consuming fruit juice began around 1955. It increased slightly over the next few decades and there was a dramatic increase in its consumption between 1985 and 2010.
- Australian Household Energy Consumption | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Report | Percentage Of Tourists To England
- Band 7 report about water consumption
- IELTS report about US University applications
- Electricity Generation In Germany And France | Band 9 IELTS Academic Module Task 1 Report
- Educating People About The Harmful Effects Of Junk Food Will Reduce Its Consumption | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Expenditure In Someland | Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample
- Task 1 Academic IELTS Report | Units Of Electricity Produced In Australia And France
- IELTS report about ratings that various aspects of a university received in 3 different years
- Band 7.5 report about US University applications