Computers are becoming an essential part of school lessons. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, computers have become an indispensable teaching tool in educational centres. I believe that the biggest benefit of using computers in education is the ability to provide audio-visual content students. In my opinion, the advantages of doing so far outweigh the minor disadvantages caused by the excessive use of computers.
First and foremost benefit of using computers in school is that it has the provision of audio-video aid which helps students to comprehend subjects more effectively. This is because of the fact that children are more receptive of visual presentations and connect to them more quickly as they are attractive and easy to remember. As a result, pupils are able to understand complex concepts with efficacy and hence, consequently do well in exams. For instance, in a survey it was reported that students who learn subjects through computers have a strong hold of basics compared to students who do not use it.
The primary drawback of computers is that it can take a toll on the health of children, especially those who spend too much time on it. This is because the monitors of computers reflect rays that could directly impact the eyes of the pupils and in turn affect their vision. For example, in a survey it was reported that 28% of learners were afflicted with vision problems / changes caused by watching computer screens for a long time.
In conclusion, although computers might affect the eyesight of learners who use it beyond the limit, the positives it provides to pupils by helping them learn and understand different topics more easily is invaluable. Therefore, in my opinion, the advantages of using computers in education outweigh the disadvantages.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Some Say Music, Art And Drama Are As Important As Other School Subjects | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Say Music, Art And Drama Should Be Taught At Primary School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computers
- 4 Essential Tips For Listening Comprehension
- You Recently Attended A Series Of English Lessons In A Language School | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Students are becoming more and more reliant on computers | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Computers Can Translate All Kinds Of Languages. Hence Children Will Not Have To Learn Languages | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Students Are Increasingly Studying Abroad As Part Of Their Studies | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Should subjects like mathematics and philosophy be optional at school?
- Some People Think That Schools Should Involve Students In School Management | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample