Completing university education is thought by some to be the best way to get a good job | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Completing university education is thought by some to be the best way to get a good job. On the other hand, other people think that getting experience and developing soft skills is more important. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people believe that higher education helps them to get the job of their dreams, while others insist that it is even more important to acquire work experience and relevant soft skills. I believe that there is no universal key to success. However, those who have university education tend to have improved career prospects.
University education equips students with specialist skills they need to practice as a doctor, engineer or lawyer. Without spending 5 to 8 years at university, it is impossible to acquire skills required to be a successful professional who knows what they are doing. Hence, going to university is the best option for students who want to pursue a career that requires academic expertise. In addition, studying at a university is a great opportunity to meet and interact with people from all walks of life. This experience broadens the horizons of an individual and prepares them for success in life.
On the other hand, some jobs do not require university education. For example, in order to work as a carpenter or a plumber, a student does not have to go to university. Instead they should work under an experienced trainer and acquire required skills. There are also certain jobs where communication skills are more important. For example, a salesman does not need a degree. He just needs a flair for selling.
To conclude, whether a student should go to university or not depends upon what they aspire to be in life. Students who want to become a professional like a doctor or an engineer must complete university education. Those who are more interested in a vocational career like that of a motor mechanic or a plumber do not have to go to university. Instead they should gain relevant work experience or polish their communication skills.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Completing university education is thought by some to be the best way to get a good job. On the other hand, other people think that getting experience and developing soft skills is more important.
- Completing University Education Is The Best Way To Get A Good Job | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Students Should Go To University To Improve Their Career Prospects
- Some People Believe The Aim Of University Education is To Help Graduates Get Better Jobs | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Schools Should Prepare Students For University Rather Than For Work | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe The Aim Of University Education Is To Help Graduates Get Better Jobs | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the need to get a university degree
- Some People Think That Getting A Degree From A University Is The Best Way To Guarantee A Good Job | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People Should Have University Education
- Some students take a year off between school and university | IELTS essay sample