Companies should encourage employees who work in a high position to leave at the age of 55 | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Companies should encourage employees who work in a high position to leave at the age of 55 in order to give opportunities to the new generation. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is often argued that in order to provide opportunities for the young generation, senior employees should be encouraged to quit their job at the age of 55. I can agree with this argument only to a certain extent.
Senior employees who feel that they are done with their job and are financially strong enough to manage the rest of their life must be prompted to take retirement. This allows them to relax during their twilight years. Many companies already offer a voluntary retirement scheme for exhausted employees. Energetic and talented youngsters will eventually replace them and that looks like a promising solution.
However, a company may face some problems if senior employees leave. As senior employees are a treasure house of knowledge and experience, a company cannot allow all of them to leave early. There is no doubt in it that creative and innovative young minds can rejuvenate a company but without the guidance of senior employees, their efforts may not succeed. So to harness the insurmountable energy of young employees, a company seriously needs the mature and stable mind of seniors.
Let’s take the example of Bill gates. Although he has been working for many years, he still rules the computer industry because of the exposure and knowledge he has acquired over the years. Without his guidance, Microsoft cannot remain the number one software company.
In conclusion, after mulling over the whole issue, I believe that forcing seniors to retire when they are not ready for it is unjust on many grounds. I am quite sure that when I am 55 and above I will still be able to add value to my company. However, those who want to leave should be able to do so and still enjoy all the retirement benefits.
- IELTS essay: Performance based pay packets encourage employees to work harder. Do you agree?
- IELTS essay: Are younger employees more valuable than older employees?
- IELTS essay sample | Seniors and youngsters are competing for the same jobs
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Not Wise For A Company To Replace Its Old Employees With Young Employees
- Band 9 essay sample | Some managerial positions should be reserved for female employees
- Young employees are more valuable than old employees | Band 7 essay samples
- IELTS essay: Should new employees be promoted to higher positions?
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime
- Band 8 Essay Sample About Ways To Improve Performance Of Employees
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Should Pay Higher Salaries To Keep Employees Motivated