Cities Are Becoming Big And Overcrowded | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Cities are getting big and overcrowded. Give some causes and suggest the solutions needed
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Urban population has been constantly growing over the last few decades and this has led to crowding in some cities. This essay will investigate the reasons for overcrowding in cities and the ways of improving life quality in modern cities.
First of all, the number of humans on the planet has been increasing. As a result, record number of people live on all continents, and the population will continue to grow. For this reason, crowding is unavoidable in cities.
Secondly, people prefer to live in places where they can find a decent job. Often big cities are hearts of business life and create opportunities for a career. For example, in Ukraine most IT companies have their offices in the capital of the country. If young people want to work in this field, they are more likely to move to the metropolises. As a result, urbanization causes environmental problems such as air or noise pollution. One of the ways to minimize the harm is decentralization. It means the government has to support business in rural areas and create opportunities in different parts of the country. In my opinion, many people would rather stay in their hometown if they are able to develop a career there.
On the other hand, we cannot totally stop urbanization, so it is also important to focus on how a large number of people can coexist in a limited space. Well-planned infrastructure is crucial for the wellbeing in cities, especially in megacities.
To conclude, cities are becoming larger and crowded because of the influx of people looking for better job opportunities and urban lifestyle. The most viable solution for this problem is to create more jobs in rural areas.
- Band 7 Essay About Over Population In Cities
- Some People Are Leaving The Countryside To Live In Cities And Towns | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries, Governments Are Encouraging Industries And Businesses to Move To Regional Areas Outside The Big Cities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Living In Large Cities Today Poses Many Problems For People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That In Order To Solve Traffic And Transportation Problems People Should Be Encouraged To Live In Cities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Young People Are Leaving Their Homes And Villages And Moving To Cities
- Overpopulation In Many Major Urban Centres Around The World Is A Major Problem | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Parks In Cities Should Be Used For Residential And Business Purposes | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Young People Are Leaving The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | It is better to raise children in cities than in the countryside