Children Will Benefit From Attending Nursery School Before Primary School
Some people think that children would benefit if they attend nursery school before primary school while some people think that children should stay all day with their families. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 9 essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, young children will benefit if their parents enroll them in a play school before primary school. Others insist that they should spend more time with their parents during their formative years. In my opinion, there are more advantages than disadvantages to sending children to a nursery school.
There is no denying the fact that young children need the love and attention of their parents. This, however, does not mean that they should spend the whole day at home in the company of their parents and grandparents. Actually the years between 3 and 5 are crucial for the development of a child. This is a great time for them to get exposed to the world outside their home. A nursery school is the perfect place for this. Most nursery schools operate for only 3 or 4 hours a day. So even if a child attends a nursery school she will still have plenty of time to stay with her parents. In other words, the nursery school will have no real impact on her emotional wellbeing or bonding with her parents.
At the same time, children can learn a lot of real world skills from the nursery school. They get to play with several children of their age. This enhances their social and communication skills. Needless to say, children who attend a nursery school are more likely to be extroverts with a sociable nature. Children can also learn the alphabets and numerals at kindergarten. This knowledge will give them an edge over other kids who start school at 5 or 6.
Conversely, if young children spend all of their time at home without going to a nursery school, they will find it rather difficult to keep pace with their peers when they start primary school. They will take weeks or even months to get used to the new environment and by then their peers will be way ahead of them.
To recapitulate, there are many benefits to enrolling kids in a nursery school before primary school. Children learn a lot during the years between 3 and 5 and if they go to a nursery school, they will definitely have an edge over those who start school at 5 or 6.
- IELTS essay: Should children attend nursery schools prior to their primary studies?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Merits And Demerits Of Learning A Foreign Language In Primary School
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages Of Teaching Children At Home And School
- Band 7 essay sample | Learning a foreign language at primary school is beneficial
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- IELTS essay about parents buying too many toys for their children
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Have Too Much Free Time
- IELTS essay sample | Should students attend extra classes after school