Nowadays celebrities are more famous for their glamour and wealth than for their achievements, and this sets a bad example to young people. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
In this day and age, our values have changed tremendously. The social status of a person is determined by their fame and money. By contrast, in the past, people with good moral values were always respected. Some people believe that celebrities are known for their beauty and money instead of their hard work and it causes a bad impact on our younger generation. In my opinion, this is true to a great extent.
Nowadays, money and glamour means everything to most people. They consider them to be the key to success. This is the reason why celebrities have millions of followers on their social networking accounts. People, especially our younger generation, try their best to copy the lifestyle of their favourite celebrities. Whatever celebrities wear and do become the new fashion statement. Big brands make huge profits by hiring celebrities to endorse their products. More people are willing to buy a product if it is endorsed by a celebrity. This popularity enables celebrities to earn a lot of money and people start to believe that stardom is all about money, name and comfort.
Unfortunately, young people do not see or understand the hard work that celebrities put in to become what they are. They only see their luxurious lifestyle and get deluded. Every day they also find ordinary people become instant celebrities thanks to online platforms like Youtube and Instagram. Young people often fall into the traps of depression when they cannot achieve similar fame in spite of working hard. They also fail to understand that instant stardom does not last long.
To conclude, I totally agree with the opinion that celebrities are now rated on the basis of their glamour quotient and bank balance. Unfortunately, this is a negative development. Therefore, it is extremely important that we guide our youth to appreciate hard work good moral values more than money and beauty.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Celebrities Are Known For Their Glamour And Wealth | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays celebrities are mainly famous for their glamour and wealth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Nowadays celebrities are more known for their glamour and wealth than for their achievement, and this sets a bad example to young people
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Celebrities Are More Famous For Their Money And Glamour
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Celebrities Set Bad Examples For Young People
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Mislead Young People
- IELTS essay: Do celebrities experience more problems than the benefits they enjoy?
- IELTS essay about celebrities and their personal lives
- Media coverage of celebrities is affecting the development of children | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people