Buying Things On The Internet Such As Books, Air Tickets And Groceries Is Becoming More And More Popular | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Buying things on the Internet, such as books, air tickets and groceries, is becoming more and more popular. Do the advantages of shopping in this way outweigh the disadvantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
The popularity of
online shopping has increased tremendously over the past few years. Almost
everything starting from groceries to air tickets can be ordered over the internet
with a few clicks. It has a huge impact on our lives and helped shape our
lifestyle. In my opinion, the advantages of online shopping definitely overshadow
With the advancement in internet technology online stores can be accessed easily from any device such as laptops, tablets or even our smart phones. This made online shopping accessible to almost everyone and we can now order anything we want from anywhere. This has great benefits such as we no longer need to stand in long queue to buy tickets or pay utility bills or buy a book from any author around the world. This helps save a lot of time that could be spent elsewhere. All the boring routine shopping such as getting groceries etcetera could be done from the comforts of our home, without physically going and handpicking.
On the other hand, online shopping does have some disadvantages. First of all, only people who can make use of online technologies can shop online. Another downside is that we cannot physically inspect the product we are trying. This can be a problem when we buy clothing. However, these are minor issues that can be easily taken care of. For example, seniors who are not familiar with the internet can shop online with the help of their grandchildren.
I would conclude that online shopping has successfully transformed our lives, made it more comfortable and easier. Of course, there are a few downsides but they can be sorted. Hence, the benefits of online shopping certainly outweigh the issues we have with it, and the shopping experience is getting better and better with each passing day.
- Buying Things On The Internet Is Becoming More And More Popular | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Buying Things On The Internet Is Becoming More And More Popular | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | In the past people liked to store knowledge in books. However, in the present, we prefer to store knowledge on the internet.
- Shopping Has Become More And More Popular As A Leisure Activity | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Printed Books
- While the internet brings with it clear advantages, the problem outweigh the advantages | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- The Internet Has Replaced Traditional Books As Sources Of Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Regular Books
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping