Besides A Lot Of Advantages, Some People Believe That The Internet Creates Many Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Besides a lot of advantages, some people believe that the Internet creates many problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In this ever-evolving world, the internet has paved ways for numerous advancements, and brought the whole world together as one village. In spite of this, there is an argument that the internet causes many problems as well. I do not admit that the internet does have a negative side; however, if it is used properly and for the right purposes, its advantages eclipse the downsides.
There are several deep-rooted reasons to appreciate the growth of the internet as a problem solver. The main reason is that globalization would not have been possible without the internet. The internet paved the way for easing global communication, exchange of information, and transfer of data across the globe which in turn brought the whole world together / closer. For instance, the popular global shipping company DHL in 2010 mentioned during their Annual conference that without internet advancements their company would not have excelled in freight and logistic business. Furthermore, the internet enhanced the knowledge of many regardless of whether they had an opportunity to go to school or college. It is a treasure trove of information that can be accessed almost instantly on a palm held device like a smart phone.
Despite these advantages, the internet has negative aspects as well. To start with, just like the real world, the virtual world created by the internet is also not free from crime. In fact as the popularity of the internet increases, incidences of cyber crime are also on the rise. These are also many organizations with vested interests that use the internet to promote their nefarious objectives. For example, many terrorist organizations use the internet to brainwash gullible youth and recruit them into their fold. Fake identities and false information are the other problems plaguing the internet. There is no easy way to find out whether the information or the people you find online are genuine.
In conclusion, it is true that the detrimental effects from the misuse of the internet still exist; even so, in my opinion, the benefits drawn from it overshadow the disadvantages. On this basis, it is logical to say that internet has its negative side but if it is used properly, it will change our life and the world for the better.
- While the internet brings with it clear advantages, the problem outweigh the advantages | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- Band 8.5 essay | The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- The Internet Has Created Problems That Did Not Exist Before | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Is internet good or bad?
- The Internet Has Made Knowledge Immediately Available | Discuss The Advantages And Disadvantages
- With Internet Improvements, People Can Share Views Or Opinions On Goods They Have Purchased | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS letter sample: Complaint letter about problems with internet connectivity
- The Internet Has Replaced Traditional Books As Sources Of Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Say That The Internet Is Making The World Smaller By Bringing People Together