Band 9 letter sample
You live in a room in college which you share with another student.
However, there are many problems with this arrangement and you find it very difficult to work. Write a letter to the accommodation officer at the college. In the letter,
• describe the situation
• explain your problems and why it is difficult to work
• say what kind of accommodation you would prefer
Dear Sir or Madam
I would like to bring this problem to your immediate attention. I have been living in a shared room for two months. My roommate recently returned from his holiday and has been acting strangely. He refuses to cooperate with me and doesn’t clean the room.
I am in the final year of my bachelor’s program and I have to study a lot. My roommate likes to watch the television all the time and he keeps the volume high. This disturbs me and hence I cannot prepare well for my examination. I have time and again asked him to reduce the volume, but he doesn’t listen to me.
My roommate also doesn’t like to clean the room. I have prepared a cleaning routine, but he does not stick to it. He always leaves his rubbish on the table that he shares with me. In addition, sometimes he forgets to put the leftover food in the garbage bin. Because of these reasons, the room smells bad. On some days, especially at midnights, he uses his mobile phone and speaks loudly with his friends. This disturbs my sleep and makes it impossible for me to concentrate on my studies the next day.
I really want to move out of this room as soon as possible. I believe that it will benefit both parties. I am looking for a single room with kitchen and bathroom facilities. It would be really helpful if you could arrange one near my campus.
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you for your time and support.
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- Band 8 letter sample: Booking accommodation in the hall of residence
- Band 9 letter sample 1
- Band 8 letter sample: A leave letter
- Band 8 letter sample | Leave of absence letter
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter to the landlord
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A complaint letter
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- Band 8 letter sample: A semi-formal letter
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date