Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter Complaining About Noise
This band 9 IELTS letter sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Work is being done on the street where you live. The noise is disturbing you. Introduce yourself, explain what the problem is
and suggest solutions to the problem.
Band 9 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to express my concerns over noise pollution being created by the renovation works at the library. I am a resident of HSR Housing Society which is next to the library.
Let me explain the situation in more detail. I am delighted that the council has decided to renovate the community library. However, machinery being used for the renovation is quite old and runs on fuel. These fuel based machines produce a lot of noise and disturb people living in the surrounding areas. My residence is next to the library and the impact of the noise is very high.
I would like to recommend the use of modern electronic equipment instead of fuel based machinery. Electronic machinery does not produce much noise and the decibel levels are very low. So the disturbance to the families staying close to the library can be averted.
I look forward to seeing this problem fixed.
Thank you for your time and support.
- IELTS Sample Letter: Letter to a librarian
- Band 9 Letter Sample | A Letter To One’s Neighbour
- Band 7 Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | An apology letter to a neighbour
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to a neighbour
- Band 9 letter sample | A letter to the editor about the local airport
- Topic card: Describe a library that you visit
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A complaint letter
- Band 9 letter sample | A complaint letter about a faulty device
- Band 8.5 Letter Sample | Letter to Foreign Friends