Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | When Professionals Migrate To Foreign Countries What Problems They Create In Their Own Country?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay sample.
An increasing number of professionals, such as doctors and teachers, are leaving their own poorer countries to work in developed countries. What problems do this cause? What solutions can you suggest to deal with this situation?
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Over the last few decades there has been an increase in the number of professionals leaving their country in search of greener pastures abroad. This causes a severe talent crunch in their own country.
One of the biggest problems that countries face when talented professionals migrate is the shortage of skilled manpower. India, for example, produces tens of thousands of doctors each year and many of them migrate to foreign countries. Consequently, the country does not have enough doctors to treat its people and patients often have to wait for hours in hospitals to get their medical check-ups done. Obviously, when professionals such as doctors and teachers leave their country to find employment in the developed world, they are doing a disservice to their nation and its people.
However, there is another dimension to this problem. Many professionals choose to migrate because they are not satisfied with the opportunities available in their country. Ambition certainly is not a crime and as such the government cannot stop this practice altogether. Providing more opportunities in their own country is the only way to dissuade professionals from leaving. Also the government can perhaps make it mandatory for its citizens to return after working abroad for a fixed number of years.
Migration of professionals is both a boon and a curse. Most nations that export professionals are beneficiaries of foreign remittance. While money cannot solve the talent crisis that they face, it can certainly help them to produce more professionals in the future. India, for example, is a big beneficiary of foreign remittance and Indian government takes immense pride in being able to export professionals to the rest of the world. The country no longer maintains a hostile attitude to its people choosing to migrate. Rather they are seen as a source of revenue with which the government can improve the ground realities at home.
To conclude, when professionals migrate to foreign countries they create an immense shortage of talent in their own country. The only way the government can discourage this practice is to create more opportunities in their own country using the money they remit.
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Talented Professionals Are Migrating To Developed Nations
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Rich Countries Are Getting Richer And Poor Countries Are Getting Poorer
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Traveling To Foreign Countries Should Adopt Foreign Culture
- IELTS Essay: Why do people watch foreign films first, before local films?
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments invite foreign companies to open branches?
- Band 9 essay sample | Local history is more important than foreign history
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Some People Think International Tourism Is Bad for Their Country
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- IELTS essay: Do you think that moving abroad for better jobs is good?