Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | To What Extent Do Work-Life Balance Matter?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on a topic that appeared in a recently held IELTS exam.
It has been noted that many people who had a big impact on the world gave themselves completely to their work and did not bother with the idea of “work-life balance”. To what extent should people try to have a good work-life balance? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
When we study the biographies of highly successful people one thing that strikes us is the fact that they devoted their entire life to their cause. They cared for nothing else. It was this single minded devotion that helped them leave a mark behind. However, this does not mean that work-life balance is not required. Neither does it mean that just because someone spends their entire life in the workplace, they will be as famous or successful as Mohandas Gandhi, Albert Einstein or Steve Jobs.
People like Gandhi or Martin Luther King had just one mission in their life. They believed in a cause and were ready to lay their life down for that cause. Consequently, they did not care about work-life balance. Actually, their work was their life. This is not the case with the average Joe. The vast majority of people work with the sole objective of making a living. They are not exactly concerned about leaving indelible footprints behind. They only want a secure source of income. Work-life balance is important for them. In fact, if they don’t get adequate leisure time and family time, they will wilt under the work pressure.
Another thing to consider is job satisfaction. Many people do not like their jobs; yet they go to work every day because they want to put food on the table. They want to send their children to school and pay bills. They want a home and perhaps they also want a car. Actually, the only reason for them to work is to earn money to lead a comfortable life. And comfort can only come from having adequate time for oneself and all the other things that one enjoys.
In conclusion, the truly motivated are the ones who actually make a difference to the world and for them work and life are one and the same. Consequently, they do not seek any further work-life balance; however, the vast majority of employees do not belong to that category of people. They work with the sole objective of earning money so that they can enjoy life. Work-life balance is absolutely essential for them.
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?
- Band 9 Essay Sample | People Should Spend Their Money to Enjoy Life
- Band 9 essay about the importance of job satisfaction
- IELTS essay about quality of life in cities
- Linking words: as a matter of fact, in fact, actually, to tell the truth
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Success Is a Matter of Luck
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Most Important Things In Life Are Free
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | A Person’s Upbringing Determines Their Chances Of Success In Adult Life
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- IELTS essay about life imprisonment and death penalty