Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | To Learn About Other Countries It Is Important To Travel To Them
This band 9 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Some people think that to learn about other countries, they need to travel. Some say that it is not necessary to travel; we can have information through TV and internet. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Some people are of the opinion that in order to know about other nations, it is necessary to travel. However, I believe that people can learn about other nations by watching television and using the internet.
On the one hand, some people argue that travelling is the best way to learn more about other nations. They think that without travelling it is not possible to learn much about the cultures, traditions and even languages of other nations. For instance, in their opinion, travelling allows us to interact with local people and know what they like and dislike. In addition, they believe that travelling is a great way to practise a language with its native speakers. This will significantly improve the ability to speak other languages. So, in these people’s opinion, the best way to learn about other nations is to travel.
On the other hand, there are people who insist that we can get all the information we need about other countries online and on television. I strongly agree with them. There are many websites that contain everything about every country on this planet. Information about foods, cultures, traditions, languages and weather can be found on websites such as Wikipedia and YouTube. It is also possible to meet different people from other countries online and befriend them. For example, I personally have friends from different countries around the world whom I have met online. As a result, I have sufficient information about their countries without setting my foot on their lands. This clearly shows that people can learn about other nations without physically travelling to them.
To sum up, although travelling is a great way of learning about other countries, I firmly insist that all information about other nations can be obtained through television and online.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Everyone Learn English?
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- IELTS Cue Card | Describe the perfect job | Travel writer
- IELTS sample essay: should internet be regulated?
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Useless To Learn Another Foreign Language Before English
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Public libraries are no longer required
- IELTS essay about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Band 7 IELTS Report Sample | Travel To And From UK
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet