Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Most Important Things In Life Are Free
Many people think that important things in life are mostly free or can’t be bought. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and examples from your own experience.
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task 2 IELTS writing topic and write at least 250 words.
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that the things that truly matter in life are free or cannot be bought with money. I completely agree with this view.
Money can only buy material comforts. While these are also important in life, in my opinion, they are not the most important things. I have seen many poor people who lead happy and content lives in spite of their poverty. I have also seen many rich people who lead miserable lives in spite of having all the money in the world. If money could buy happiness, the rich must be the happiest in the world. The reality, however, is different.
In my opinion, the most important things in life are love and friendship and neither can be bought with money. Parents’ love, for example, is the biggest gift a person receives in their lifetime and it is free. You may be the poorest person in the world but that will not stop your parents from loving you.
Relationships with our family and friends are actually the things that keep us going and they are free. Just because you are poor it does not mean that you cannot be in a meaningful relationship. In fact, if you have a nice character and a kind personality, you will have no dearth of friends. By contrast, a rich person with an arrogant personality and a bossy attitude may be lonely in life because no one wants to be with them.
To conclude, while it is true that money can buy many things, truly important things in life like love and relationships are actually free and cannot be bought.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Does Money Bring Happiness?
- Band 9 Essay Sample | People Should Spend Their Money to Enjoy Life
- IELTS essay about life imprisonment and death penalty
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Does Money Bring Happiness?
- Band 7 essay sample: People spend a lot of money on celebrations. Is this justified?
- Band 9 essay sample: Social media addiction
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments provide free internet?
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?
- Band 9 essay sample about weak family relationships
- IELTS essay sample | Free education will help fight poverty in developing nations