Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Best Way To Motivate Employees Is To Offer Them Financial Incentives
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay sample.
Some think the best way to motivate and encourage people to work hard is to pay them based on how much they produce and sell. Do you agree or disagree? Include relevant examples from your own experience.
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Employees give their best when they are motivated. Some people feel that offering them salaries commensurate with the revenue they generate for the organization is the best way to enhance their productivity. I completely agree with this view.
Money motivates most people and it is not surprising. Financial security is crucial for all employees. Therefore, it makes perfect sense for organizations to come up with a pay package that compensates employees adequately for their performance. If employees are offered fixed salaries, they have no real reason to put in their best effort because their contribution has no real impact on their salary.
On the other hand, if the company offers higher remunerations to employees who close more deals or generate more revenue, all employees will be motivated to work harder. This, in turn, will enhance the revenues of the organization. For example, my management promised me a promotion and a higher salary on the successful closure of a million dollar deal with one of our esteemed clients. Since I always wanted to see myself as a manager this offer motivated me to work hard and this resulted in the closure of the deal within six months. Several organizations are already experimenting with this practice. In addition to a fixed salary, they offer their employees a commission on every sale they complete.
To conclude, the performance of an employee is closely related to their level of motivation. Motivated employees work harder and contribute more to the bottom line of an organization. Since money is what motivates most people, paying employees on the basis of their contribution makes perfect sense.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Should Pay Higher Salaries To Keep Employees Motivated
- IELTS essay: Performance based pay packets encourage employees to work harder. Do you agree?
- IELTS essay: Are younger employees more valuable than older employees?
- Band 9 essay sample | The most important thing about a job is the salary
- Band 7 essay sample: Decisions should be made by managers and not employees
- IELTS essay: Should new employees be promoted to higher positions?
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Only staff who worked in a company for a long time should be given promotion
- Band 7 essay sample | Should employees be part of decision making?
- Band 8 essay sample | How can companies retain their workforce?
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some Employers Want To Be Able To Contact Their Employees At All Times