Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Driving Age Be Increased To 25?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay sample. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Most Countries allow 18 year olds to start driving a car. Some say it is good to allow it at this age, while others think that the age to start driving should be at least 25. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
In most countries the legal driving age is 18. Some people feel that this age should be increased to 25. I do not quite agree with this view. In my opinion, 18 year olds are physically and mentally fit to drive a vehicle.
Most countries have constitutions that treat 18 year olds as adults. At this age, a person has attained physical maturity. Many teens of this age have finished their studies and are ready to work and earn money. Also, young people learn to drive faster than older people. So, obviously, the argument that they cannot drive at this age does not hold much water.
Some people, however, are worried that young men and women of this age are not emotionally mature. So, they feel that the driving age should be increased to 25. Their biggest argument is that teens are not mature enough to drive responsibly. This is a true to a certain extent. Speed thrills young people. Many of them also fail to acknowledge the importance of adhering to traffic rules. They may drink and drive; they may refuse to wear helmets; they may exceed speed limits. All of these are tendencies that make them dangerous drivers. However, increasing the driving age to 25 is not the solution to this problem. Instead young people should be given counselling. They should be taught the importance of driving safely and responsibly. Parents, driving schools and media can all drive home the message that speed kills.
To conclude, there are arguments for and against allowing driving at 18. While I do admit that young drivers can be rash, in my opinion, proper counselling will make them more responsible and mature. Therefore, I support the view that driving should be allowed at 18.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample |Driving Age Should Be Increased To 25
- Band 7 essay about driving age
- Band 8 essay sample about increasing the minimum age for driving
- IELTS essay: Should retirement age be increased?
- Band 9 essay sample | Tax on fast foods should be increased
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Teenage Years Are the Happiest Period of Life
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Friend Who Wants To Learn To Drive
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Students Should Take A Gap Year Between High School And University
- IELTS Essay: Friends have a greater influence than parents on young people
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Should fuel prices be increased to reduce pollution?