Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More People Want Instant Service Now
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay sample.
Nowadays more and more people want to get things done instantly (services, information, tasks). Why is this? Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
These days most people want to get their work done almost instantly. They don’t have the time or patience to wait. Right now, right here is the motto. I attribute this change in attitude to the development in technology, especially internet and mobile technology and, in my opinion, it can be positive and negative at the same time.
No other technology has had a greater impact on our lives than the internet technology. To say that the internet revolutionized our lives is an understatement. It has made it possible for us to perform just about anything with a few clicks of a button. It allows us to book tickets online, buy things and pay bills anytime and from anywhere. Gone are the days when we had to stand in a long queue to buy railway tickets or pay utility bills. All of those mundane tasks can now be performed within a few seconds. The biggest advantage of the internet is that we can carry it around because it works on a variety of devices of all sizes and shapes. Obviously, it is quite normal for a generation that grew up using the internet from their childhood to want to get everything done in seconds.
However, this insistence on getting instant support or response can be positive or negative depending upon our access to technology. The internet has certainly made our lives comfortable and faster. It has allowed us to save a lot time. However, like any other technology, the internet technology can also fail us from time to time. Connection speeds vary from place to place. Also, the reliability is not the same throughout the day. It is not uncommon for people addicted to instant gratification to panic when they lose connectivity. This is a common problem when city people visit rural areas where the internet is either slow or inaccessible.
To conclude, if the present generation wants to get everything done instantly, that is because they grew up using the internet technology. While this trend is largely positive, in my opinion, over dependence on anything is bad.
- Band 7 essay sample | Impact of technology
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People’s Attitudes Are Different From Those Of Old People
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of modern communication technologies
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- IELTS essay sample | Were older technologies more beneficial than newer technologies?
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Few People Have A Hobby These Days
- Band 8 Essay Sample | More And More People Are Showing An Interest in Finding Out Their Family History
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More People Are Living Alone
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- Band 9 Essay Sample | People Are Losing Interest In Arts