Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Is Job Satisfaction More Important Than Salary?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay sample on a topic that appeared in a recently held IELTS exam.
Most people in the world need to work in order to lead a decent life or even just to survive. Many workers are motivated by money: if the job pays well, they are willing to do it. However, some people are not concerned with the size of their pay packet: they simply enjoy their job and choose to do it whether they earn a high salary or not. What is more important – salary or job satisfaction? Discuss and give reasons for your answer.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Some people choose high paying jobs. Others prefer jobs they find satisfying even if the salary is low. While I admit that it is important to earn enough to make a living, in my opinion, job satisfaction is more important than the size of the pay package.
Job satisfaction increases productivity. If people like their jobs, no one has to force them to go to work. No one has to supervise them. They will perform their job on their own and with utmost interest and concentration. This interest that they show will automatically improve the results and help them achieve more in less time.
By contrast, people who choose a particular job just because it is paying well will find it rather difficult to stay motivated. They have to push themselves to work every morning. Because of this lack of interest in the job, they make more errors and take longer to finish tasks. As a result, they have to stay late at office. The long working hours will eventually affect their health and family life. Take, for instance, the case of IT professionals. The IT industry pays well but the jobs are extremely stressful and demanding. Someone who chooses a job in this industry just because the salaries are good will eventually burn out unable to cope with the pressures of the job.
On the flip side, rewarding jobs may not always pay well at the beginning. But over time, the worker’s enthusiasm and dedication will make the job a lucrative career option. For example, there are lots of people who turned their hobbies into successful career options. It was their love for the job that ultimately helped them.
To conclude, job satisfaction is certainly more important than the money earned. If people love their job, eventually, they will also earn well.
- IELTS essay: People should choose a job they love. Do you agree?
- Band 8 essay sample: Is salary more important than the quality of the workplace?
- Band 8 essay sample | Is job satisfaction important?
- Band 9 essay about the importance of job satisfaction
- Band 9 essay sample | The most important thing about a job is the salary
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Should Pay Higher Salaries To Keep Employees Motivated
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Changing jobs frequently is bad
- Band 9 essay about the huge salaries of sports people
- IELTS essay sample | Governments should cap IELTS essays at a certain level
- Some students take a year off between school and university | IELTS essay sample