Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Drawing Lessons Should Be Part Of The Curriculum
Some people think that children should learn to paint or draw at school. Others believe it is just a waste of time. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
While some people argue that creative activities like drawing or painting should be taught at school, others insist that they are useless and should not be part of the curriculum. Both views will be discussed in this essay before arriving at a conclusion.
There are several merits to teaching drawing or painting at school. To start with, they foster the creativity of children. The very act of holding a pencil and making shapes on paper improve the motor skills and hand-eye coordination of children. This is the main reason why most schools teach drawing to primary students. Another advantage of including these lessons is that they help children to discover their inherent talents for painting or drawing. Those who have flair of drawing can then join a drawing school to hone their skills.
The main argument against making these lessons a part of the curriculum is that they waste the time of children who have no aptitude for drawing. Some parents are also disappointed that these classes rarely teach anything beyond the basics.
While these arguments might sound logical, the truth is that drawing benefits everyone. Of course, not all children who learn drawing at school will become an eminent artist when they grow up. However, this is hardly a reason to remove drawing classes from the curriculum. Even if a child does not become a professional painter in the future, she will still benefit from the improved motor coordination skills she acquired through drawing.
In conclusion, the argument that drawing lessons are useless does not hold water for the simple reason that the act of drawing improves the cognitive and intellectual skills of all children including those who have no talent for drawing.
- Band 7 essay sample | Schools should not waste time teaching subjects like drawing
- Band 7 essay sample | Schools should make drawing and painting compulsory
- Band 9 essay sample | Subjects like drawing and painting are a waste of time
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Teachers Should Design The Curriculum
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Unpaid Community Service Should Be Part Of High School Curriculum
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People Do Not Know How To Manage Their Money
- Band IELTS Essay Sample | Unpaid Community Service Should Be Part Of School Curriculum
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Home Schooling Vs. Regular Schooling
- Band 9 essay sample | Unpaid community work must be compulsory for school children
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Home Schooling Is Better Than Regular Schooling