Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing Organized Group Activities
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay sample.
Some people say that parents should encourage their children to take part in organised group activities in their free time. Others say that it is important for children to learn how to keep themselves occupied on their own.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Some people feel that children should spend their spare time doing group activities; others opine that children should find ways to keep themselves busy on their own. In my opinion, both options have their merits and demerits.
Engaging in organized group activities is certainly beneficial for children. To start with, such activities are safe because children will almost always have someone to supervise them while they play. Also, they can learn several valuable skills like team spirit and cooperation when they play a team sport or get involved in a group activity. For example, when children play a sport like football or cricket, they learn the importance of working with their teammates to achieve their common goal. Such skills will benefit them in their future. These activities also enhance the confidence levels and interpersonal skills of children.
On the flip side, it is not always possible to participate in group events. There are times when a child is left alone. For example, his friends could be busy with their studies and cannot play with him. Since such situations can arise every now and then, every child should be able to keep themselves occupied doing their own things. For example, they could read, write or paint. These activities not only keep them engaged, but also help them discover their hidden talents.
The important downside to spending time alone is that children may use it for unproductive activities. For example, if they are left alone most children will just sit glued to their television or computer. This practice, unfortunately, does not help them in any way.
To conclude, it is important for children to find a way to keep themselves occupied on their own. However, parents should also encourage them to engage in group activities because such activities help to improve their health and overall personality.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Have Too Much Free Time
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games
- IELTS essay sample | Children spend too much time watching TV
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Play Games That Require Teamwork
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Individual Games Vs. Games That Require Team Work
- IELTS essay about parents buying too many toys for their children
- Children’s leisurely activities must be educational
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- Band 9 essay sample | Children should be banned from participating in sporting events