Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Have Too Much Free Time
Here is a band 9 essay on a topic that appeared in a recently held IELTS test.
Some people believe that children are given too much free time. They feel that this time should be used to do more school work. How do you think children should spend their free time?
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Some people feel that children get too much free time. In their opinion, kids should use their spare time to do their school assignments. I do not agree with me. In my opinion, free time is essential for the overall growth and development of children and it should not be used for academic work.
To start with, I do not agree with the view that children get a lot of free time. Most children spend a great deal of time at school and once they get home they have to do their homework. Therefore, it is unfair to ask them to do their school work in the few spare hours they get. Parents and teachers who insist that children should only study and not play are actually doing them a major disservice.
Contrary to what some people believe, leisure is actually important for the wellbeing of both children and adults. Free time allows children to relax and engage in activities they enjoy. Studies have shown that children who play well are actually healthier and more intelligent. Obesity has become a major health problem among children who lead a sedentary lifestyle. By encouraging them to play a physical sport in their free time, parents can actually protect them from a variety of ailments.
Since physically active children fall ill less often they do not miss many school days. Actually both factors improve their grades in school. They are also happier than their counterparts who are always busy with their studies. Better still, free time allows children to discover and hone their latent talents.
To conclude, the argument that children should do their school work in their free time is meaningless. In order to succeed in life they should not only study but also play.
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages Of Teaching Children At Home And School
- IELTS essay: Should children attend nursery schools prior to their primary studies?
- Band 8 essay sample | When both parents work how are children affected?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- IELTS essay sample | Should parents help their children with homework?
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- IELTS Essay: Is it good for children to be brought up by their grandparents?
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Play Games That Require Teamwork
- IELTS essay about parents buying too many toys for their children