Band 9 essay sample: Should students participate in international student exchange programs?
Some teachers think that international student exchange would be beneficial for all teenage school students. Do you think its advantages will outweigh the disadvantages?
Band 9 essay sample
Students who participate in international student exchange programs gain rich benefits. They return as more confident individuals with a wider perspective on life and international affairs. Needless to say many parents and teachers support these programs. In my opinion, international student exchange programs have more advantages than disadvantages.
Student exchange programs force students to leave their comfort zone and explore a foreign territory totally unknown to them. This helps them discover their hidden talents and leadership qualities. They also learn to adapt to unfamiliar surroundings and living conditions. As a result, they become bolder and more confident.
In countries like India, children are overly dependent on their parents. In fact, it is not uncommon for Indian parents to take decisions on their children’s behalf even after they turn adults. When these teens participate in exchange programs they learn to live on their own.
Also, when students get to study in another country and mingle with students of another culture, their perspective on life broadens. They learn to tolerate differences. They also understand that the world is big enough to accommodate people of all faiths, customs and religions. This makes them better individuals.
Cultural exchange is another benefit. When students live abroad as part of an exchange program, they learn to appreciate another culture. They also bring their culture with them. This allows their hosts to become familiar with their culture.
Student exchange programs also improve the career prospects of the participants. Because of their broader perspective and their exposure to international communities, they are sought after by companies that operate in different parts of the world.
To conclude, there are several benefits to participating in international student exchange programs. These programs boost the confidence levels of the participants and make them more tolerant.
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?
- IELTS essay written by student: Should children be encouraged to cooperate?
- IELTS student’s essay with corrections
- Band 9 essay sample: Online learning is better than classroom learning. Do you agree?
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Should schools teach young students to be a good parent?
- Advising a friend about a holiday: letter written by student with suggested corrections
- Band 7 essay samples: Should noisy and disobedient students be taught separately?
- Band 9 essay sample: Is living alone a positive development?
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping