Some people think that they should spend money they earn now enjoying life, while others think that the money should be put into savings for future. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Band 9 essay sample
People have different opinions on how they should spend their money. While some people believe that we should spend our money to enjoy life, others argue that we should save it for future. I agree with the latter point of view.
There are people who believe that life is supposed to be enjoyable and full of happiness. In their opinion, if you just work hard to save more money for your future, you will not be able to enjoy your life. No one, after all, gets a second life to enjoy the goodies they give up in their quest to save more and more. This argument certainly sounds convincing; however, there is another side to it.
I have absolutely no issues with people who believe that life should be enjoyed to the fullest. But in order to enjoy life, we also need to be prepared to handle its ups and downs. It is almost impossible to predict what will happen in the future. For example, a critical illness, an accident or a loss of job can land us in serious trouble and derail the course of our life. If we spend all our money to enjoy our current life, we will not be able to deal with these situations.
To conclude, life is full of surprises and it is impossible to predict what will happen tomorrow. Therefore, we need to be prepared and the most practical way of doing this is to save money for the future. This does not mean that we should not spend money at all. What we need to do is to strike a balance between our need for enjoyment and the need to secure our future.
- Band 7 essay sample: People spend a lot of money on celebrations. Is this justified?
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- IELTS sample essay: people now spend a lot of money on their wedding
- IELTS essay sample | Money management should be taught at school
- IELTS essay: Do celebrities experience more problems than the benefits they enjoy?
- IELTS essay sample | Should the governments spend a lot of money on developing internet infrastructure?
- Describe an older person you enjoy spending time with | IELTS speaking practice
- Band 7.5 essay about children spending money instead of saving it
- Band 9 essay sample | Government should give money to homeless people
- IELTS essay topic | Countries should not spend too much money on training athletes for international events