Some parents think that childcare centres provide the best services for children of pre-school age. Other working parents think that family members such as grandparents will provide better care for their kids.
Discuss both views and give your opinion.
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task. Write at least 25o words.
Band 9 essay sample
While some parents believe that their children get the best care and support from playschools, others are of the opinion that grandparents are the best caretakers. I totally agree with the second view.
Grandparents take good care of their grandchildren because they love them. They are their flesh and blood and that is a good reason to shower them with love and care. Also, grandparents are much more than caretakers. Besides taking care of their grandchildren, they help the babies to develop their social and language skills. Moreover, the blood relationship between them help better bonding and create an overall healthy atmosphere, which in turn foster better growth and character formation. For Instance, a recent research found that babies who spend a considerable amount of time with their parents or grandparents learn things much faster.
As for playschools or day care centres, they are run for monetary benefits. The vast majority of these institutions are not all that concerned about the well-being of the kids. Many of them accommodate 20 to 25 kids at a time and that makes it difficult for them to attend to the needs of all children. The pre-school age is extremely crucial for the intellectual and emotional development of children. Since babies tend to learn a lot during this period, it is important for them to receive individual care and attention. Unfortunately, preschools and day care centres often fail to address these needs.
To conclude, in order to ensure the overall development of children, it is important to understand and acknowledge their needs like a grandparent or parent does. Since pre-schools are profit-driven I cannot agree with the argument that they provide the best service for preschool children.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Sending Kids to Childcare Centres Is Better Than Leaving Them in the Care of Their Grandparents
- IELTS Essay: Is it good for children to be brought up by their grandparents?
- IELTS essay: Who should pay for senior care?
- IELTS essay about parents buying too many toys for their children
- Band 9 essay sample: Should government provide free housing to the poor?
- IELTS Band 7 Essay Samples: Should the government take care of the elderly?
- IELTS essay sample: Children now know less about their culture
- Band 9 essay sample: In some countries old people are more valued
- Essay: Our grandparents think that their lives were simpler and better
- IELTS practice: What happens when both parents work?