Band 9 essay sample | Everyone now wears the same kinds of clothes and eats the same food. Is this a positive trend?
Nowadays the differences between countries are becoming less evident because we see the same TV shows, advertisements, fashion and follow the same brands. To what extent the advantages of this trend outweigh its disadvantages?
We are now living in a global village where geographical barriers have become insignificant. All over the world, people wear the same kind of clothes, eat the same foods and watch the same films. In my opinion, this trend has made life easier for us all.
There are several benefits to following global fashion trends. It makes traveling easier. For example, now Indians and Americans or Europeans have more or less the same tastes in fashion, food and music. As a result, young Indian professionals can travel to the US or Europe and still feel at home there.
The biggest advantage of following a global lifestyle is that it eliminates culture shock when you travel to other countries. It also protects you from discrimination. When you wear the same kind of clothes or eat the same kind of foods as everyone else, you will not stand out. This will actually protect you from various forms of discrimination that you might experience when you are in a foreign country. An Indian woman living in the US will be at a disadvantage if she insists on wearing only traditional Indian clothes and eating only vegetarian foods. This will limit the choices she has, but if she is willing to follow the culture of the country she lives in, life will be easier for her.
The only disadvantage of this trend is the loss of ethnicity. Every nation has its traditional styles of fashion and clothing. When everyone wears the same kind of clothes, this cultural legacy gets lost.
To conclude, the benefits of following global trends in lifestyle and fashion are many. It makes life easier for the globetrotting youngsters. There are, nonetheless, a few disadvantages, but there is an easy way to get around them. People who are proud of their ethnic fashion and lifestyle can follow it when they are in their own country.
- IELTS essay: The clothing and fashion industry have a big influence on people. Is this a good or bad thing?
- IELTS essay about people wearing clothes of the same kind
- Band 9 essay sample | People now live in different places during their lifetime. Is this a positive trend
- IELTS Speaking Test Questions
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Band 7 essay samples: Flights have become cheaper. Is this a positive development?
- IELTS speaking test in India | Sample questions and answers
- IELTS essay: Do you think that moving abroad for better jobs is good?
- Band 9 essay sample: Is living alone a positive development?
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items