Band 9 essay sample: A thank-you letter
Writing task 1
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
You celebrated your birthday with friends and family in a restaurant last week. It was a great success.
Write a letter to the restaurant to thank them. In your letter:
- Mention the food and the service
- Explain that you really enjoyed the atmosphere
- Suggest any improvements to make things better
I celebrated my 25th birthday with my friends and family in your restaurant last week and I am writing to thank you for making it a grand success. I really appreciate the excellent service provided by your people.
My friends and family enjoyed every aspect of the party. We, in particular, loved the food. It was mouth-watering to say the least. The perfect service complemented the food and made it even tastier. All of my guests absolutely loved the North Indian and the Italian foods served at the party. I must also mention the kind service provided by your staff. They were extremely polite and went out of their way to ensure that we were comfortable. The ambiance was quite relaxing and the decoration beautiful. In fact, the flowers and the scents used for the party were my favourites.
I have absolutely no complaints about the food or the service, but I feel that it would be great if you could add more parking space to the restaurant.
Once again, thank you so much for the best service.
- Speaking Sample: Talk About A Musical Event You Enjoyed Attending
- Band 9 letter sample: A letter giving directions to reach your home
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A letter to a friend
- IELTS Sample Letter 7
- Band 8 letter sample: A letter to the brother
- IELTS writing test in Hong Kong and Singapore: Cooking food at home is a waste of time
- IELTS Sample Letter
- IELTS letter: thank-you letter to ex-employer
- Band 9 letter sample 1