Band 9 essay about the importance of job satisfaction
As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of individual well-being.
What factors contribute to job satisfaction? How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers?
Here is a sample response.
Most of us now spend a great deal of our time at the workplace. If we love our work, we will get to spend much of our lives doing things that we enjoy doing. Because of this reason job satisfaction plays an important role in ensuring our wellbeing. In fact, people who are satisfied with their jobs are healthier and happier.
Job satisfaction means different things to different people. For some, it means earning a six figure salary or occupying a higher level position in an organization. A lot of people equate wealth and social status with happiness and wellness. They don’t mind spending their entire lives at the workplace provided that they receive handsome salaries.
Some people may have well-paying jobs but they are still unhappy because they don’t like what they are doing. There are also people who find satisfaction in helping others. Money does not motivate them. They are driven by their passion to change the world. Most of them will readily work for an NGO or some other charity.
While it is true that everyone seeks job satisfaction, few people actually manage to find it. The rest are simply spending their time at the workplace with the sole objective of earning a livelihood. They don’t like their job, but they can’t quite it either because they need money to support their family. The vast majority of workers, unfortunately, belong to this category. This dissatisfaction with their work and the lack of motivation to do it eventually lead to various health problems in these people. Several studies have shown that work related stress is a major cause of health problems in adults.
To conclude, everyone seeks job satisfaction, but very few people manage to find it. While job satisfaction can mean money or social status for some people, others find happiness in doing things that they enjoy.
- Band 8 essay sample | Is job satisfaction important?
- IELTS essay: People should choose a job they love. Do you agree?
- Sample essay: does money bring happiness?
- Band 8 IELTS essay sample: children should be taught the importance of money
- IELTS essay sample | Should the governments spend a lot of money on developing internet infrastructure?
- Band 7 essay sample: People spend a lot of money on celebrations. Is this justified?
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools give more importance to subjects like arts, music and creating writing?
- IELTS Essay: Schools don’t give enough importance to health education
- Describe an older person you enjoy spending time with | IELTS speaking practice
- Band 9 essay sample | Should news editors give more importance to good news?