Band 9 essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computers
We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in business, hospitals, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used for in the future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of their benefits?
Computers have become an integral part of our lives. They are now used in almost all sectors like healthcare, education, administration and banking. In the future, these machines could even support human life. For example, they could be used as a substitute for certain organs. They already help surgeons in the operation theatre. In the future, they might perform the surgeries themselves. In my opinion, computers have improved our lives in myriad ways. However, over dependence on them will result in several problems.
Computers have made our lives easier in numerous ways. They have increased our efficiency. They have made learning and teaching easier. They also allow us to communicate more efficiently. In fact, computers have made physical boundaries irrelevant. No matter where we are in the world, we can now stay connected to our near and dear ones living in another country or continent with the help of computers.
In the future, computers will have greater applications in fields like education, healthcare and banking. I wouldn’t be surprised if someday they replaced human teachers or doctors. Unfortunately, computer technology has its shortcomings too. Online frauds are already costing nations billions of dollars. Increased use of computers will also lead to an increase in cybercrime. In the future, identity theft will create a lot more problems than it does now. Also, computers are machines that can breakdown at any time. If we don’t back up our data on a regular basis, we can lose it. And in spite of our best efforts, malicious software can wipe or steal our data without our knowledge. Computers can even affect our memory. They eliminate the need to remember even simple spellings and passwords. Excessive use of computers will also lead to several health problems.
To conclude, computers are good and useful. But if we become overly dependent on them, we may face several problems. In my opinion, we should use computers only in cases where the benefits of using them outweigh the disadvantages.
- IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances
- Nowadays Better Communication Technologies Are Available And Hence People Can Communicate In Numerous Ways | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- IELTS essay sample | Do credit cards have more advantages than disadvantages?
- IELTS essay: Should computers be banned from the classroom?
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- IELTS essay sample | Technology has resulted in the loss of jobs
- IELTS essay sample | Will computers replace teachers in the classroom?
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- IELTS essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of living alone