Band 8 Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of English As A Global Language
The advantages provided by English as a global language will continue to outweigh the disadvantages.To what extent do you agree.
Band 8 Essay Sample
As a part of globalisation English has become the most widely spoken language around the world. While there are many benefits to using English as a global language, it also has some negative effects.
To begin with, one of the main advantages of having one global language is that it will reduce the gap between the countries as there is no communication barrier. It helps to form a stronger relationship among the nations. As a result, international trades such as the importing and exporting of goods will increase and benefit the growth of economy around the globe. Furthermore, English helps people to travel around the world without experiencing any difficulties. Many tourists find it hard to communicate to the native people for their simple needs such as asking directions, ordering food etc. These issues will be solved if there is only one language.
On the other hand, there are many drawbacks to this trend. Language is a part of every culture. If everyone spoke one language, the other local languages will disappear gradually. Then, there would be no cultural diversity. One of the main reasons that attract tourists to other countries is that their cultural differences. If everyone has the same culture, there is no meaning in visiting other places. So this trend can have negative impacts on the tourism industry.
To conclude, although there are some negative sides to having a single global language, it brings many benefits such as the growth of international business and economy. In my opinion, the advantages of having one global language far outweigh its disadvantages.
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of English as a global language
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Why Is English Such An Important Language?
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of globalisation
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Taking a Gap Year | Band 8 Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay Sample | Why Students Want to Study in English-Speaking Countries?
- Band 6.5 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear energy
- Band 9 essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of longevity
- Band 8 Essay Sample | The Best Way to Learn English Is to Live in an English Speaking Country