You live in an area where the local council has made some changes to regulations. You believe these changes are not good for residents.
Write a letter to a councillor. In your letter:
- Introduce yourself.
- Describe the problem.
- Say what you think the council should do about the situation.
Band 8 letter sample
I am writing to inform you about my dissatisfaction with the new rubbish collection measure introduced last week. My name is XXX and I have been living in the town for 20 years. I work as a pharmacist with ShahdAlshifa pharmacy on the main road.
Let me explain my disagreement with the measure. As per the new regulation, people should put their rubbish in the big containers placed in the center of every neighborhood. I would say that it will be very difficult for people, particularly those who do not own cars to carry their rubbish from the peripherals of the town to these centers and that would discourage many people from depositing their garbage in such containers.
I would suggest that it could be better to put small containers in front of every building block in the neighborhood so people can easily discharge their rubbish into these small containers. Also, this would encourage the residents to keep the town clean by throwing their rubbish and unneeded items into such containers instead of littering around the town.
Looking forward to hearing from you
- IELTS letter sample about garbage issues
- Band 9 letter sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | We Are Producing More Garbage Than Ever
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- IELTS Letter
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A complaint letter
- Topic card: Describe a city or town you enjoyed visiting
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to terminate club membership
- Band 7.5 letter sample
- Band 8 letter sample | An apology letter to a neighbour