The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
You have recently moved to a different house.
Write a letter to an English speaking friend. In your letter:
-Explain why you have moved
-Describe the new house
-Invite your friend to come and visit
Band 8 letter sample
I am happy to have found time to write to you after such a long time. I hope you and your family are doing great.
Last month I moved into a new house. Our previous house was a long way from my workplace, and everyday commute was killing me. Since I’m living with my folks, they expect me to spend some time with them every day. Now that I have moved to this new house, which is closer to my office, I am able to find more time for them.
Anyway, the good thing is that new house is much bigger than the previous one. It has a beautiful garden, and I can view the see from the balcony. I love it here. We now have two spare rooms so I have converted one into a guest room, and the other one into a study.
I would like to invite you to visit us. Christmas is around the corner. See if you can plan a holiday. Mom would love to see you too.
Lots of love,
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A letter to a friend
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- Band 8.5 Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Friend About Your New Job
- How to express the same idea in different ways
- Band 7 letter sample | Invite a friend to your wedding
- Speaking | Say what you would you do if you got a day off
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for assistance with finding a job
- Band 9 letter sample | Letter to a friend
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend