Band 8 letter sample: Booking accommodation in the hall of residence
You are going to study in a college in the UK next year. You would like to stay in a college Hall of Residence.
Write a letter to the college. In your letter
* give your accommodation requirements
* explain what your food needs are
* ask what alternatives are available if they cannot provide what you want
You do NOT need to write any addresses. Begin your letter as follows:
I recently secured admission to the course of engineering offered by your college. I am writing this letter to reserve accommodation in the Hall of residence for the upcoming academic year.
This will be my first year in the UK and I do not have any contacts here so I would like to reserve an en suite room for a single male. Also, I require a reasonably spacious study area in the room. If laundry and other cooking facilities are available at the hostel then it would be an advantage.
In addition, I would like to request vegetarian meals as I am a vegetarian and I do not want eggs to be added to any of my meals. However, dairy products will be fine. If vegetarian food cannot be arranged, I would like to cook myself. I will very much appreciate access to kitchen facilities.
Thank you for your time and assistance.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sudhir Kumar Misra
- IELTS Sample Letter: Letter to a librarian
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter to the landlord
- IELTS Writing task 1 in Dubai – letter
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Eating home-cooked food is better than eating out
- IELTS writing test in Hong Kong and Singapore: Cooking food at home is a waste of time
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A complaint letter
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends