Band 8 letter sample | An apology letter to a neighbour
The following letter was written by one of our students. The student has good command of English and expresses his ideas well. This letter seems to be band 8 to me.
You recently organized a party at home and the noise levels caused some inconvenience to your neighbor. Write an apology letter.
Let me introduce myself first. My name is Alex and I am the new tenant of the home opposite yours.
The reason that I am writing this letter is to apologise for the inconvenience caused by the party I organized at my home yesterday. I had invited some friends to my home. Since it was weekend they suggested that we should organize a party. I agreed and hired a DJ. As you should know, the party lasted till last night and I admit that noise levels were rather high. I am sorry to hear that it caused a great deal of inconvenience to you. Please accept my sincere apologies. I assure you that this will not happen again.
I am new in this town and I don’t have many friends here. I haven’t met most of our neighbours either. The next Sunday I am organizing a small party at my home. I have invited all our neighbours and I would like to use this opportunity to invite you as well.
I look forward to meeting you soon.
- Band 9 essay sample: A thank-you letter
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- Sample letter | An apology
- IELTS Sample Letter: Letter to a librarian
- IELTS letter sample: A thank you letter
- Band 8 letter sample
- IELTS Writing: Sample Letter
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- IELTS Vocabulary – Idioms and Expressions
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A letter to a friend