You are working for a company and you need to take some days off work and you want to ask your manager about this.
Write a letter to your manager. In your letter
- explain why you want to take time off work
- give details of the amount of time you need
- explain how your work will be handled while you are away
I am writing to request a 15 day leave of absence for medical reasons. As I have not been keeping good health for a while, my doctor has advised me to take some days off work. My family also wants me to take a short break from my busy schedule. If possible I would like to leave work on September 1 and return on September 16.
I have requested John to fill in for me while I am away and he has agreed to do so. As he is quite familiar with my responsibilities, my absence is unlikely to create any problems at the workplace.
Although I will not be in office during this time period, I will still be available via email or phone. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you very much for your consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Band 8 letter sample | Leave of absence letter
- Band 9 letter sample 1
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A complaint letter
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- IELTS Sample Letter 5
- IELTS Sample Letter
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- IELTS Sample Letter 3