Band 8 Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter
The following is a letter submitted by one of our students.
You recently bought a piece of equipment for your kitchen but it did not work. You phoned the shop but no action was taken.
Write a letter to the shop manager. In your letter
– Describe the problem with the equipment
– Explain what happened when you phoned the shop
– Say what you would like the manager to do
Band 8 letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this letter to express my disappointment with your customer services department, and to complain about the coffee beans grinder I bought from your store at last week.
When I tried to use the Grinder the day after the purchase, it simply refused to work. At first, I thought, it might be due to a faulty cable, but after a careful analysis I found that the lid of the grinder jar doesn’t lock properly. The grinder will not work until the lid is correctly locked. I called up the customer service number on the bill to register a complaint. Firstly, it took them thirty minutes to understand the issue and then they kept asking me to lock it properly. I then spoke with the supervisor who assured me that he would get back to me with a solution within 24 to 48 hours. It has been over a week but I haven’t heard from anyone.
I’d like for the item to be replaced with a new one. If that’s not a possibility, please issue a full refund and let me know how I should go about sending the product back to you.
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A complaint letter
- Band 8 letter sample | A complaint letter
- Band 7 letter sample | A complaint letter
- Band 8 letter sample: Complaint letter
- Band 8.5 letter sample | A complaint letter
- IELTS sample letters: complaint letter (from business to business)
- Band 8 letter sample | A complaint letter to the manager of a super market
- IELTS letter sample: Complaint letter about problems with internet connectivity
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to an online store
- IELTS letter: Complaint letter sample