Here is a band 8 IELTS letter sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
You stayed with your friend and by mistake carried home one of his objects. Write a letter and explain:
- How you enjoyed staying with your friend
- Explain the object which you brought with you by mistake and explain how the mistake happened.
- Mention how you plan to return the object.
Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
Thank you so much for the great weekend. What a relaxing holiday it was! I absolutely enjoyed every moment I spent with you and your family. Actually, those two days brought back memories of our school days. But, of course, not every day can be a holiday and I am back to the grind.
Unlike packing, unpacking is a tedious task and that’s the reason I was putting it off. Last night, while unpacking my stuff, I realized that I had accidently picked up your pair of black socks. I thought they were mine because they have the same print as the one I own. I am really sorry about this. I know this might have caused inconvenience to you.
My dad is planning to visit your hometown next week for a business meeting. I will hand over the socks to him and he will give them to you by Saturday evening after his meeting. Your birthday is round the corner so you might as well get a gift along with your socks! Happy waiting!
See you soon
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Took Home An Item That Belongs To Your Friend
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Write An Apology Letter To A Friend
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- Band 9 letter sample | Cancel an appointment
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for assistance with finding a job
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend
- IELTS letter sample | Letter to a friend
- Band 9 letter sample: You forgot a coat at your friend’s place
- Band 8 Essay Sample | An Apology Letter To A Friend For Not Being Able To Attend His/Her Birthday Pary