Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Recently Started Work In A New Company
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
You have recently started work in a new company. Write a letter to an English-speaking friend. In your letter
- explain why you changed jobs
- describe your new job
- tell him/her your other news
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Many thanks for your letter. I am just writing to let you know that I no longer work at Melbourne University. The reason is that my contract ended in November. My manager informed me that they were not going to re-new my contract as the university is attempting to significantly reduce their expenditure in the new year.
My new job is with Simonds Homes, a construction company. I am still working as an accounts payable officer. However, instead of processing student reimbursements, now I process subcontractor payments, but the new job is more stressful than the previous one. I am currently living with John in St Kilda East. This is because his apartment is really close to my new workplace and therefore it is easier to commute from there. I am looking for an apartment near my work. Until I find one, John has agreed to put me up.
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter to the landlord
- IELTS Sample Letter
- Band 8 Letter Sample | An Equipment You Use For Work Has Developed A Problem
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- Band 7.5 letter sample
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Company
- IELTS letter topic seen in Australia
- Band 8 letter sample: A leave letter
- Band 8 Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate